- Support liquid cashflows through the bank account for business operations.
- Minimize risks of cash expenses in the large amounts of money
- Can use cheques instead of cash to pay for goods and services.
- Deposit, withdraw and transfer funds during business days at the BCEL counters, available around the country.
- Can transfer money to another account at other local/foreign banks in Laos
- Bank cheques can be used to guarantee for the auction.
- By current accounts, you can also apply for other BCEL services, including ATM and Visa Credit/Debit Cards in order to access your account via ATMs, EDC and BCEL One app, available on Smartphone & Computer (PC). These additional services may allow you to check your account balance, fund transfers, payments and to top up your mobile.
- You can monitor your account transactions and balance via Internet and SMS banking
- Be able to use to confirm your financial position
Terms of Service
- Minimum initial deposit: 500,000 LAK/ 50 USD/ 2000 THB/ 500 CNY (other foreign currency deposits that didn’t mention should be approved by a manager)
- CNY currency deposits are only allowed for corporations or Chinese organizations that invest or operate businesses in Laos.
- Current account holders will not be paid any interest while no fixed period to hold the current account. However, If closing the account before 3 months calculated from the opening date, a charge will be applied, according to the current Fees Regulations set forth by BCEL
- The minimum balance should be maintained: 500,000 LAK/ 50 USD/ 2,000 THB/ 500 CNY
- Maintenance Fees: 3,500 LAK/ 0.5 USD/ 16 THB/ 5 CNY/Account/Month
- Opening a bank account: 10,000 LAK/ 2 USD/ 50 THB/ 10 CNY/Account/time
- Closing a current account before 3 months calculated from the opening date: 30,000 LAK/ 4 USD/ 140 THB/ 30 CNY/Account
- Cheque Book Price: 50,000 LAK/ 7 USD/ 220 THB/ 50 CNY/Account/Unit
- Certified cheques (VISA Cheques): 15,000 LAK/ 2 USD/ 60 THB/cheque
- If dismissal of a cheque/cancellation:
20,000 LAK/cheque, Maximum value: 100,000 LAK,
USD/cheque, Maximum value: 13 USD,
90 THB/cheque, Maximum value 440 THB,
20 CNY/cheque, Maximum 90 CNY.
- If issuance of bounced cheque certificate: 20,000 LAK/ 3 USD/ 90 THB/ 20 CNY/cheque/time
- Monthly account statement: Free
- Online fund transfers among service units or branches, the BCEL network within the same province or via ATMs: Free.
- Fund transfers via BCEL One exceed 10,000,000 LAK: 2,000 LAK/transaction
- Deposit, withdrawal, exchange and online transactions among service units or branches within the BCEL network, but not the same province: 10,000 LAK/ 2 USD/ 50 THB/transaction.
- Fund transfers from Account to pay cash out (if receivers don’t have BCEL deposit accounts): 15,000 LAK/ 2 USD/ 70THB/transaction
- Adjusted transaction for fund transfers among the BCEL network: 15,000 LAK/ 2 USD/ 70 THB/transaction
- Fund transfers to other banks within the same province (AVIS or Cheque): 15,000 LAK/ 2 USD/ 70 THB/transaction
- Cheques should be used for any transactions.
- Cheques remain valid 180 days starting from the date of order.
- If the details of the order cheque are changed or wrong such as name and surname, A/C number of receiver, date, money amount in number and written, the account holder must clearly erase those mistakes and write new one with his/her signature recognized by the bank
- Do not order cheques with 2 conditions, i.e. a payment for goods to Ms. A/Cash.
- If order cheques are withdrawed or transferred to another bank, a holder must certify and confirm the cheque with the issuing bank.